zaterdag 20 juli 2013

The Diary of Nachenthaly Francisco

Day 5, 7th of July, Lithuania

It feels weird to write about the experiences in Lithuania, while being back at home and sitting at a computer with 100% internet-connection, but I think the effect will be the same. The last days in Lithuania were so crowded with assignments and road-trips that I could not find time in between the long lasting jamming-session with Elisa and Nauris to blog. I hope that you all will forgive me. If not...

So, Sunday, what a day. We did so much on Sunday that most people forgot the morning-session during evaluation the next day. In the morning we had the presentations about our experiences in Vilnius concerning dancing in the rain and crazy Dutchmen doing different tasks like dancing the Macarena with seven drunk Russian boys. One of them had the nerve to ask my Facebook, but he was so drunk that he still has not added me. When I think about my almost Russian Facebook Friend, I get sad right away! Uh-uhum!

After a small accident with the bus-driver we got into the bus to visit a kind of market, which were packed with a lot of traditional items. At first Chantal and I tried to convince Moena and Marleen that we really wanted to visit the archaeological museum over there (because we are boring people who do not like to visit markets but want to look at stuff that other people found in the ground eleven decades ago), but Moena decided that she liked shopping for jewelry more, so we decided to drop the museum-idea with much heartache (I only slept eight hours that night!). After being dumped by the two, Chantal and I found Elisa and the three of us decided to visit a festival which was basically around the corner. The festival had a prehistorical theme and we were literally surrounded by "cavemen", who taught us to build a fire and to butcher a pig. It was already awesome before we got to see the amazing view from the top of a hill. It was breathtaking.

This was not the end of the day, though. The museum was next. Not the archaeological museum Chantal and I were "dying" to go to, but the museum which belonged to the observatory. We followed the guide around and asked him all sorts of questions, while he was praying that we stopped bugging him, because he was not that keen on speaking English. I still thanked him, though, because he tried to speak English with us and he learned us how a real alien looked like (a meteorite.. some brainteaser huh!).

The day ended in Trakai, due to the fact that we could not see stars that night, which was an extreme pity. I was not to excited to go to Trakai, because the last time we went there some brilliant minds came up with the idea to rent some water-bicycles and ended up being about half an hour late.
Gladly, it was to late to rent water-bikes anyway that late at night, so we ended up in a restaurant where we could not order pizza 'cause the kitchen was already closed and where Hot Chocolate appeared to be the same as Chocolate Dessert. In Trakai we got to laugh a lot about Guillaume' and Martins' role-play; they pretended to be a married couple and Martins had the most expensive diamond (invisible) ring.

Much greetings from me, daydreaming about my time in Lithuania,

Nachenthaly Francisco

Geen opmerkingen: