donderdag 4 juli 2013

The Diary of Nachenthaly Francisco

Day 1, 3th of July 2013, Lithuania

Honestly, I cannot tell anyone much about the journey to Vilnius Airport, because I was basically sleeping the whole trip long. I can even say that I have missed the landings. Due to this sleeping-mode, the trip lasted shorter than expected and before I knew it, I was here. In Vilnius. In Lithuania.

While singing as loud as we probably could in the bus to the training-centrum, I was just telling myself over and over again that I really was here. In Lithuania. Near Russia. In a completely different country than the Netherlands, but in some crazy way I could not get used to that idea. It felt like a road-trip with a few Dutch students, acting crazy, singing, yelling, travelling, etc.

The moment we stepped out of that bus and a tsunami of equally beautiful girls passed us with all sorts of difficult names, it hit us all. We were not in Holland anymore. We switched to English and the exchange began. I remember us running like crazy to our rooms to change clothes, because, believe it or not, it was about 24 degrees outside when we stepped out of the bus and it was like 6 o’clock in the evening. Coming from the Netherlands, where it was raining the moment we left, we were absolutely overdressed. I think it is pretty clear now why we were in an immense hurry to change our clothes.

After dinner, we were received as socially as possible. It took Elisa and me just one hour to find our private guitar dude and before we were completely aware of it, we were jamming with a lot of people around a table. Singing songs all night long, while Martins (guitar dude) was playing the songs on his guitar. We laughed, sang and went to sleep when we were out of songs to sing and play. There can be definitely be said that the first day was more than awesome and that the people were inviting and loving. Pretty good qualities to have.

Much greetings from Lithuania,


Nachenthaly Francisco

Geen opmerkingen: